25 Best Process Essay Topics For Good Writing
A process essay is a type of essay writing that describes specific or chosen procedure. There are two types of process essays:
- informational (describes and analyzes a process)
- and directional (give instructions how to accomplish a process).
The process can be abstract or concrete.
To make a “how-to” essay you should interpret some process and make it interesting for your readers.
To make writing easier, remember to:
- Use imperative sentences;
- Explain each step in a different paragraph;
- Be careful with connections: don’t use “then” in every sentence;
- Connect paragraphs with the help of transitional words;
- Be attentive with the use of pronouns: if you start with “I” keep it in all essay;
- Be as clear as possible in explaining the process;
- Write about something that is not very complicated;
- Use the beginning to explain why this very process is important to make your readers interested;
- Show your readers the helpfulness of your paper attaching a special warning to one of your steps (e.g. if you don’t use gloves you can hurt your hands).
- Not write about the process that needs to be explained with the help of visual aids.
How to choose the Right Process Essay Topic
Think of an argument paper topics you know better than your classmates. Reading about the process that is obviously easy and well-known to everyone is not an interesting to do.
If you are brave enough, choose some extraordinary topic like “How to become rich sitting at home?” or “How to become a celebrity without a talent?”. Your readers will be intrigued from the very title.
Choose the process you have some experience. It should be something that looks different to the people involved in it than to common people. It will make your essay really interesting.
To simplify the procedure of choosing an appropriate topic for your process essay, we have made a list of interesting process essay topics.
Did you Know we can help you Write Your Essay?
25 Best Process Essay Topics
- How the immunity of human body works when an infection attacks the organism?
- What is the process of electing Parliament in our country?
- How is milk produced in the woman’s organism recently gave birth to a child?
- How to write a successful paper work?
- How to make your own website?
- How the embryo grows in the mother’s womb?
- How to learn a foreign language in the shortest time possible?
- How plants produce oxygen?
- What is the process of producing bread?
- How to become a successful orator?
- How to look stylish with a limited budget?
- How does tobacco-addiction develop?
- How to get over an unrequited love?
- How the chocolate is made?
- What is the process of children’s adoption in our country?
- How to start a successful business?
- How to prepare for a job interview to get the position?
- How to write a novel?
- What is the process of astronauts’ flight preparation?
- How to help a person that seems to be unconscious?
- What is the process of human body aging?
- How to become a leader?
- How to write an impressive CV letter?
- How to become an organized person?
- What is the process of making vaccines?
A process paper (or a ‘how to’ essay) is a guide which shows how an action is done, explains how it works, or how it occurs. Your process paper may refer to any topic: cooking a sandwich, writing a capstone project, or conducting a nuclear fission. The main condition is an excellent knowledge of the topic you are going to write about. The goal of a ‘how to’ essay is to give readers directions so that they can accomplish their task.
Steps for Writing a Process Paper
- Choose a topic. This might be a part of your job, hobby, or personal experience, or what you studied at school.
- Do research. No matter how awesome you are at the subject, it is useful to study it once more to make sure you miss nothing.
- Make notes. Write down all thoughts and ideas that come to your head while revising the topic. This will help you keep every important detail in mind. It might also be useful to note all the materials and/or equipment readers would need to accomplish their task.
- After you have your brain emptied and all your ideas written down, it is time to organize what you’ve got. Put all the steps you’ve described in a logical order, describe each of them in a detailed manner, from what happened first to last.
- The final step is to revise your paper, since your text might contain various factual mistakes, typos, and formatting mistakes.
There is an enormous variety of topics and subjects you can choose from. Almost every process can be divided into a sequence of certain steps, and then described with an easy-to-understand language, so choosing a topic for a ‘how-to’ essay shouldn’t be a problem. Still, there is one important condition: the author should know what they are writing about.
Below are just a few examples of topics that one might choose when writing a process paper:
- Writing admission essays
- Drawing with watercolors
- Tuning a guitar
- Baking bread at home
- Installing software on a PC
- Cooking a certain exotic dish
- Conducting a chemical experiment
Key Points to Consider
- Choose a practical, easily-manageable topic.
- Do some additional research if needed. Even well-known actions tend to change.
- Fill the steps with details—readers will appreciate such careful explanations for sure. It is also useful to specify materials and/or equipment needed to accomplish the goal.
- To check if your paper is clear, imagine you know nothing about the subject you are writing about. Try to follow your own instructions and recommendations.
Dos and Don’ts
Common Mistakes When Writing a Process Paper
– Choosing too easy or too complex subjects may affect your paper’s length, reducing it to a simple recipe or, on the contrary, extending it to a size of a manual.
– The lack of details. Keep in mind that someone may be trying to perform the process for the first time.
– An order of steps that don’t make sense. Double-check your essay after it is ready to see if you can improve the order and to make sure you have not caused confusion.
– Poor language skills and inappropriate word usage. In this case, your readers may misunderstand you.
Now that you have acquainted yourself with the basic process paper writing tips and rules, you can check out our process paper samples to link theory with practice.
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips