Below is a list of books that I recommend for your IELTS preparation. The first set of books are a must for IELTS and no student should be without one of them. The rest are useful books which you can get depending on your time limit and areas of weakness. There are many books for IELTS preparation on the market but these are the standard books that you will need.
Must Have IELTS Books
IELTS Cambridge Books: The only must have books for IELTS exam preparation are the Cambridge IELTS books 1 to 11. These are full authentic IELTS tests published by IELTS. Each book contains four IELTS tests for you to practice at home. These are real IELTS tests – a bit expensive but at least they are authentic. Book 11 is the most recent.
- No student should enter the IELTS exam without having first done some practice tests from one or a few of these books.
- Book 11 is the most recent book (2017).
- These books have limited topics and questions for the speaking test. You will need to find practice speaking topics online instead. Here’s a link to some free speaking topics and questions for IELTS.
- These books often cost more than other practice test books but you must remember that these are real test papers from IELTS and have not been written by other teachers or other authors. They are the only real test papers that exist.
These books can be bought from any amazon online store. They can be bought new or second hand. It might also be possible to find them in your local book stores.
Other Useful IELTS Books
IELTS Official Practice Materials: If you have completed the above set of test papers (IELTS Cambridge Books), you should try these practice materials.
IELTS Trainer: This is a book which contains 6 practice tests for IELTS as well as some useful advice for tackling the test. Please note that the practice tests are not officially published by IELTS (they are not written by IELTS) but are still quite realistic and good practice. Also note that the practice test materials in this book are for the academic paper only.
Essay Writing By Gabi Duigu is a fully comprehensive resource for passing IELTS Writing Task 2 section of the IELTS test with a grade of 6.5-7.0 or higher.
For most students sitting the IELTS Test, Writing Task 2 is the most difficult part of the IELTS test.
This book will help IELTS learns hike up IELTS Writing score by describing a step-by-step approach to writing essays for the IELTS Academic Writing Module Task 2 and for other similar essay tasks. It also provides exercises to practise the stages individually as well as giving a list of typical essay topics, and there are model essays. The Answer Key provides explanations as well as answers.
■ takes you step by step through all the stages of essay writing:
• analysing the topic
• finding the right ideas
• organising the ideas
• using the right language
■ provides precise and practical explanations of the
principles of essay writing
■ gives plenty of examples and models
■ gives meaningful and directly relevant exercises, with clear, objective and explanatory answers in the Answer Key.
SELF STUDY USE:
Students will find that it is easy to use this book for self study.
This book has been extensively used in classrooms. It is highly effective for discussion and group work in class. This is a companion book toVisuals: Writing about Graphs, Tables and Diagrams.
Stage 1: The Question
1. Understanding the Question
2. Analysing the Question
Stage 2: Selecting and presenting ideas
3. Finding ideas (Brainstorming, finding more ideas, using examples, the “what if not” situation, looking at the other side)
4. Selecting ideas (Solutions to Problems, evaluation, classification of ideas, types of classification, selecting relevant ideas, level of generalization, overgeneralisation and exaggeration)
5. Organizing ideas (Ranking ideas, consequences, comparisons, alternatives, speculation)
Stage 3: Writing
6. Using the right grammar, vocabulary and style
7. The Sections of the essay (The introduction, the body, the conclusion)
8. Style (Modifiers, overgeneralization, overemphasis, understatement and confusion, waffle, formulaic and thoughtless writing, immature writing, cultural differences in style)
9. Proof reading
Gabi Duigu has been teaching English for Academic Purposes and Test Preparation in many countries, and to students from even more countries,
for over 30 years.
She has been an IELTS examiner since 1990.
Download Essay Writing (Ebook) Mirror 1
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.Get all the latest updates/lessons via email:
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Did not See What You Were Looking For? - Try Search!
Essay Writing By Gabi Duigu (Ebook)5 (100%) 1 vote