Looking for a chance to apply your editing skills? Browsing Google for “essay writing jobs” or “paper writing jobs”? Proficient in your native and some foreign languages? Thousands of people all over the world are loaded with work and studying, so they may not have enough time to write masterfully (and in the modern world, this is indeed a valuable skill). For a specialist working remotely as an essay editor, this is a huge area of work: proofreading, correcting, and editing what other people have written. This is a profession that will always be in demand, so if your answer was “yes” to the questions above, then perhaps a job as a freelance editor is for you.
What do editors need to do?
Freelance writing editors - including those working for Jobs for Editors - must proofread and edit orders, mainly coming from clients who urgently need to submit or send important texts. Having taken an order and looked through the customer’s requirements, an editor is free to edit it however he or she likes: the main condition here is that an editor provides high quality services and gets the work done on time. The editor sends us the order he or she has worked on, and we pay the money. It is that simple.
Okay, I want this job!
If you believe you possess all the skills necessary for working as a freelance editor, you can send us your resume. After this, you will need to take several more simple steps:
- pass a language proficiency test and edit a test sample
- choose the payment method that is the most suitable for you
Having a linguistic or philological education is an asset, but not a requirement. Besides, it is desirable that you:
- possess skills in writing, editing, and proofreading texts
- know how to search for relevant information online and in libraries
- know and use the rules of text formatting
- are able to express your thoughts clearly, fluently, and in a consistent manner
- know the language well (including the knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and so on)
We will look through your resume, and if you meet the basic requirements, congratulations, you are in, and are able to earn good money for your work (and what is important: to complete it on the terms preferable for you).
If you are looking for a job as an editor, look no further, you have already found everything you need. Choose Jobs for Editors: working with us is beneficial and pleasant!
Become An Editor
Join our awesome team! Whether it's a salary increase for making the all-star team or a professional development opportunity, we've made Hello Essay an incredibly fun and rewarding place to work. Set your own schedule to fit your busy life. Get paid well. Whether you're looking for part-time work or a full-time gig, it does not get any better than this.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for elite writers and editors who have expertise in diverse areas of academia and admissions. Whether you have a background in the humanities or sciences, you may be a perfect fit!Requirements:
- Native English speaker
- College graduate from a top-tier university (graduate degree strongly preferred)
- Expertise in an area of academia or admissions
- Evidence of significant writing and editing experience
- Understanding of writing nuances, terminology, and best practices
- Knowledge of formatting styles such as MLA, APA, and Chicago
- Knowledge of differences between American and British English
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later (or ability to edit .doc and .docx)
- PDF reader (e.g. Adobe or Preview)