120 Vyse Street
5th May 2015
Dear Ms Graham,
In response to your recent advertisement on the Dayjob.com website for an Insurance Underwriter, I would like to be considered for the position and have attached my CV with this letter for your kind consideration.
As my CV and references will indicate, I have a track record of consistently making the right underwriting decisions. It will also show that I can identify and clarify any differences between a policy’s cover and the customer’s requirements. Furthermore, from it you will also be able to see that I am someone who weighs up all of the different factors before coming to any important decision.
At the moment I am an employee of Northern Insurance Brokers, where I am primarily in charge of answering questions from clients regarding their insurance policies, resolving complex issues and making sure premiums are competitive. My experiences to date have taught me how manage a portfolio of renewable clients, keep detailed administrative records and assist in the training of new employees.
During my career I have gained a wide range of transferable skills that are directly related to your position, including an ability to;
- Assess customer risks and determine insurance eligibility.
- Type and proof read professional letters, memos, and e-mails to agents, clients, and other staff.
- Tactfully inform customers of any risk improvements required from them.
I must also mention that I am keen to join your company because of its reputation as a place where everyone works, cooperates and participates together in a team environment.
Finally, thank you very much for your time, and I hopefully look forward to being invited to an interview with you.
Tel: 0044 121 638 0026
More Insurance Underwriter cover letter examples
Insurance Underwriter cover letter 1
Insurance Underwriter cover letter 3
Insurance Underwriter resume examples
Insurance Underwriter resume 2
Insurance Underwriter resume 3
Insurance Sales resume examples
Insurance Sales resume 1
Insurance Sales resume 2
Insurance Sales resume 3
Trainee Insurance broker CV
Backpackers travel Insurance
Gap year travel Insurance
Student travel Insurance
Study abroad Insurance
More Cover Letters
Cover letter examples
Underwriting Assistant Cover Letter
Underwriting Assistants are employed in the insurance field and are mainly responsible for providing support to agents and underwriters. Typical job duties of an Underwriting Assistant are the following: collecting client information, evaluating eligibility, arranging loan approval packages, reviewing loan applications, gathering credit history, making sure transactions are recorded correctly, screening applicants based on various criteria, and answering to client inquiries.
A well-written cover letter sample for Underwriting Assistant usually focuses on the following skills and abilities:
- Insurance field experience
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
- Being able to follow screening criteria
- Research skills
Those interested in an Underwriting Assistant career can check relevant job skills in the cover letter example provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Underwriting Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Bedell:
When I learned of Endurance Insurance’s need for an Underwriting Assistant, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As a customer-centric and analytical professional looking to combine my recent business degree with my interest in pursuing a longstanding career in the insurance sector, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background includes practicum experience in an internship capacity with Donaldson Insurance Company, collecting information from customers applying for various insurance products while supporting underwriters in conducting risk assessments and applicant screening processes. I am poised to leverage my skill set and my advanced education to excel in financial document analysis, loan processing, application approvals and rejections, and superior client communications. Furthermore, my demonstrated success in consistently achieving strict deadlines, along with ensuring optimal customer experiences, positions me to make a significant impact on your business.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Supporting a team of seven underwriters in reviewing applicant submissions and obtaining the necessary information to evaluate risk and exposures; maintaining policy and claim files to ensure full compliance, policy registration, and timely issuance.
- Adhering to all service standards by completing underwriting support responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitating the issuance of policy endorsements and processing billing and reinsurance transactions as required.
- Maintaining up-to-date logs, correspondence documents, and records of all policies and renewals using Microsoft Excel and Imageright programs.
- Responding swiftly and courteously to all internal and external customer requests.
- Demonstrating an unparalleled dedication to providing superior service in previous customer-facing roles; recognized by customers and peers as possessing excellent product knowledge and communication skills to maximize client satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborating effectively with peers and management teams to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Business from Salt Lake City College.
With my experience in assisting with comprehensive loan underwriting functions, coupled with my inherent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Gary D. Patterson