25 Compare And Contrast Essay Topics Worth Writing About
Writing a compare and contrast essay involves going through several steps before you start to work on your assignment. Firstly, you should come up with something that you can compare. Usually, students compare different events, situations, persons, or places. Secondly, you should organize your thoughts. It’s a good idea to build a small chart that will help you realize what similarities and differences you can write about. Thirdly, do a literature review in order to add the necessary details.
However, choosing a good topic might take a while if you don’t have a list of sample topics in hand. You can find sample essay ideas at the website of your department, get them from the supervisor, or search for topic ideas on the Internet. The following 25 compare and contrast paper topics are worth writing about:
- Character traits of your best friend compared to the character of your brother or sister.
- Celebration of the New Year night and Christmas Eve.
- Being an engineer vs. being a pilot.
- Listening to country music vs. listening to rock music.
- Comparing lifestyles: celebrities vs. ordinary people.
- Doing homework assignments: writing an essay vs. solving math problems.
- Similarities and differences between acting and lying.
- Fashion in the 1960s vs. modern fashion.
- Travelling to Egypt compared to attending an exhibition at the local museum.
- Learning to play the piano vs. learning to play the guitar.
- Why do people go to the cinema instead of watching a movie at home?
- Spending time with your best friend compared to spending time with your pet.
- Playing video games vs. reading an interesting novel.
- Biking vs. hiking.
- Working as a teacher in elementary school vs. working as a professor at the university.
- The advantages and disadvantages of sleeping in a hotel vs. camping in the woods.
- Living in the big city compared to living on a farm.
- Why is inner beauty more important in a relationship, compared to physical beauty?
- Your best vacation compared to your worst vacation.
- Why do some people prefer reading paper books instead of reading e-books?
- Cold weather vs. hot weather.
- Living on school campus vs. renting an apartment in the city.
- What is healthier: doing sports regularly vs. being on a diet?
- What is your favorite pastime: playing with friends or watching TV?
- The benefits of being a student compared to the benefits of being a full-time employee.
Looking for help with essay? Order essay online from experienced essay writing service.